THE BEST PLAYDOUGH RECIPE EVER!
Combine in a bowl: 3 cups flour, 1 ½ cups salt, 6 tsp cream of tartar, 6 TBS oil, 3 Cups water (color optional). Mix together. Cook over low heat until a ball forms. Cool. Knead. Store in Ziploc bag.
2 cups water, ½ cup salt, 2 tsp cream of tartar, 2 TBS oil, 1/3 cup cocoa, 2 cups flour. Then mix it all together and then cook it in a pot over low heat. Remove it from the heat and knead until smooth.
PUMPKIN BREAD PLAYDOUGH
1 package pumpkin bread mix, 2 cups flour, 1 ½ cups salt, 6 TBS oil, 6 tsp cream of tartar, 3 cups water. Mix ingredients. Cook over medium heat until a ball forms. Remove from heat and knead!
LEMON POPPY SEED PLAYDOUGH
1 package lemon poppy seed muffin mix, 2 cups flour, 1 ½ cups salt, 6 TBS oil, 6 tsp cream of tartar, 3 cups water. Mix ingredients. Cook over medium heat until a ball forms. Remove from heat and knead!
STRAWBERRY CAKE PLAYDOUGH
1 package strawberry cake mix, 2 cups flour, 1 ½ cups salt, 6 TBS oil, 6 tsp cream of tartar, 3 cups water. Mix ingredients. Cook over medium heat until a ball forms. Remove from heat and knead!
3 cups flour, 1 ½ cups salt, 6 TBS oil, 6 tsp cream of tartar, 3 cups water, the used wet grounds from the morning coffee. Mix ingredients. Cook over medium heat until a ball forms. Remove from heat and knead!
3 cups flour, 3 TBS powdered alum (in the spice aisle), ¾ cup salt, 6 TBS oil, 3 cups water, 1 cup (any brand) lavender chamomile baby lotion, Liquid Water Color or food coloring (optional). Mix ingredients. Cook over medium heat until it forms a ball. Remove from heat, knead. If it looks a little sticky while kneading, add some flour (2 TBS or so) and continue kneading.
1. Mix 2 cups water and 1 cup glue in a big bowl.
2. Add a squirt of liquid water color and then stir it up.
3. In a separate small bowl mix together: 2 cups water and 4 TBS Borax.
4. After it’s completely dissolved, pour the Borax mixture slowly and a little at a time into the glue and water mixture. Pour a little, mix it a little, pour a little, mix a little. Mix with your hands or a sturdy wooden spoon. As you mix, it will become a flubber ball! NOTE: You might NOT need to use all of this Borax and water solution!!!!!
5. Store it in an airtight container or ziploc for a few weeks. When it begins to flick apart or when it gets too hard, it is time to make a new batch! Play with it, explore it, try to get it to blow a bubble with a straw! Watch it stretch as you hold it!
6. Vinegar takes it out of clothes, carpet and fabric. Mayo will take it out of hair!
While it will take a little experimentation to get the proper consistency, a good starting place is to mix 1 1/2 cups of cornstarch with 1 cup of water. I added 3 tablespoons of green tempera paint to color the suspension, but you can use more or less or leave it out altogether.
Mix the ingredients using your hands, adding more cornstarch or water as necessary. You’ll know you’ve got the right consistency when it feels similar to honey or molasses yet “tears” when you drag your fingers across the surface.
You can store the oobleck in a covered container to play with again. The cornstarch and water may separate, but you just simply need to work them back together.
Free Range Kids
Do you ever…let your kid ride a bike to the library? Walk to school? Make dinner? Or are you thinking about it? If so, you are raising a Free-Range Kid! Free-Rangers believe in helmets, car seats, seat belts — safety! We just do NOT believe that every time school age kids go outside, they need a security detail. Share your stories, tell your tips and maybe I’ll use them in a new book. Here’s to common sense parenting in uncommonly overprotective times!
Brain Gym includes 26 easy and enjoyable targeted activities that integrate body and mind to bring about rapid and often dramatic improvements in: concentration, memory, reading, writing, organizing, listening, physical coordination, and more.
Steve Spangler Science!
Link up with Steve and his science activity ideas!
Cosic Kids Yoga