HUNTER ADVOCACY AWARD CHAIR’S DUTIES
1. A “Call for Nominations” for the Hunter Award by Oct. 20th for the Nov/Dec newsletter that includes the deadline. Make sure it is also on our website and our Facebook page.
2. Identify qualified persons for this award and present to the board for approval. This award should be promoted throughout the state. Set a goal of at least one nominee each year.
3. Request a budget and have the board vote on amount no later than the March meeting.
4. Purchase plaque.
5. Arrange for the recipient to be at the Conference Awards Banquet.
6. Prepare a bulletin board display at annual conference.
7. Submit an article for the newsletter following the conference about the recipient of the award. It’s due by April 20th (or as soon as possible after conference) for May/June newsletter.
8. Submit receipts to treasurer for reimbursement.
9. Submit to the membership secretary the name and information of the recipient because they are now honorary lifetime members.
10. Keep a notebook or computer memory drive of the past Hunter awards to pass on.
20th - Newsletter article - Call for Nomination for Hunter Advocacy Award
Ask board for possible nominees at meeting
Social Media - Call for Nomination for Hunter Advocacy Award
Ask president to email all members
Board votes on Award Recipient
Notify Award Recipient and arrange to be at Conference Award Banquet
Prepare display board for conference
Notify conference chair number of banquet meals for recipient guests
Mini Meeting before conference
Mini Meeting after conference for evaluation
Present plaque/free lifetime membership during awards banquet
20th - Newsletter article - Award Winner Bio
Submit Hunter Recipient information to membership secretary for lifetime membership
Retreat Board Meeting
20th - Newsletter article - about Hunter Advocacy Award